Friday, March 14, 2014

Reid Demman Salt Lake County Surveyor Seeks Re-election


An announcement from Reid Demman, your County Surveyor:
Dear Fellow Salt Lake County Republicans,
It has been my pleasure and an honor to serve as your County Surveyor since January 2007. Although the time has passed quickly, I have accomplished many of the things in the office I committed to you I would do, and yet I have more to do as the County Surveyor. For this reason, I am announcing my intent to seek re-election as your County Surveyor.
First, let me share with you a few of my accomplishments while serving:
  • Modernized, streamlined and improved services through technology and a team oriented business plan.
    .
  • Implemented a new fiscal management structure which, along with advanced use of technology and training, achieving a 20% reduction in the Surveyor's Office operating budget.
    .
  • Improved the use of technology and training to reduce overhead costs and increase efficiency.
    .
  • Developed and implemented a process allowing surveyors to file their surveys electronically. This groundbreaking process was the first of its kind in the country and creates convenience, efficiency, and greater expedience to public access of survey records.
    .
  • Created an extensive outreach program which has resulted in the development of partnerships with all sixteen local municipalities for the acquisition of new aerial photography and LIDAR data, saving local government and taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.
    .
  • Expanded the Surveyor's Office website to provide dynamic and easy accessibility to a broad range of information and tools.
    .
  • Promoted efficiency in government by developing partnerships, collaborative efforts and projects with County, State and Federal offices, thus reducing the so-called "stovepipe" approach to providing services.
    .
  • Enhanced the protection of your property by adding more than 10,000 points to the Hi Accuracy GPS Control Network, which optimizes my ability to restore the Public Land Survey System (PLSS) should it be compromised.
    .
The County Surveyor and the protection of property is an important American legacy that goes back to the days of Abraham Lincoln, early valley settlers, Thomas Jefferson and even George Washington.
.
There is nothing mysterious about the primary focus of the County Surveyor's Office. It's simply the systematic, consistent, open and transparent preservation of accurate property lines and boundaries. This is accomplished through the protection and perpetuation of the Public Land Survey System, from which all property is described and measured. The location and integrity of approximately 340,000 parcels of land in Salt Lake County depends on the County Surveyor, independently, performing his or her duties. Over one million people rely on the County Surveyor for the quiet enjoyment of their property. This is a responsibility I take very seriously. I've dedicated over 35 years to my profession and the protection of property. As a Republican, I offer to you an additional insurance policy against a casual approach to private property ownership and government encroachment. My deep-seated, fundamental, core philosophy is one of respect for life, liberty, and property.
.
Nearly eight years ago, you trusted me as your candidate for County Surveyor and elected me in 2006 and 2010. I am reapplying for the job and ask for that trust and support once again for my 2014 re-election. I am excited and prepared for the campaign to make sure the office remains in Republican hands.
.
I invite your contact with any questions about me or the Surveyor's Office by email at rdemman@networldmail.com, or phone (801) 573-3773. Additionally, I invite you to review the Surveyor's Office website www.surveyor.slco.org or visit my website at www.reid-demman.net/ . I also maintain an open door policy at the County Surveyor's Office for non-political property issues.
.
Thanks in advance for your support.
Reid Demman
Salt Lake County Surveyor

Final Post for this WJD030 Blog -- New Blog Created Today for WJD025

Go to  wjd025gop.blogspot.com  for this first post in the new blog. Then follow this new  blog for more news and information. With redistric...